|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Reports to||Field Supervisor|
ProTransport-1 is hiring EMT's!
ProTransport-1 is a leading provider of patient logistics services to hospital systems. Headquartered in Northern California, ProTransport-1 partners with top healthcare systems throughout the Bay Area, Sacramento and the Central Valley to offer a diverse range of comprehensive, trendsetting services. The company features associated brands from coast to coast and has been named to the Inc. 5000 seven years running as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
ProTransport-1 is looking to bring on qualified EMT's who are ready to make a difference in the lives of our customers. If you are looking for a career in EMS, ProTransport-1 is a great place to call home!
What you’ll do as an EMT:
- Provides patient care under stressful and non-stressful situations
- Communicates proficiently and effectively with hospital staff and co-workers
- Emergency scene management under stressful and non-stressful situations
- Responsible for cleaning and operating ambulance equipment
- Responsible for providing basic life support duties independently, as well as follow the direction of a higher qualified clinician
- Presents themselves in a professional, courteous and punctual way
- Responsible for other related duties deemed necessary to meet the needs of the Company
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Must portray a positive Company image and attitude to personnel
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to communicate and understand English verbally and written
- Successfully pass a background investigation
- Must be able to provide a current negative PPD test results post hire
- Must demonstrate a compassionate attitude towards all customers and family members
Requirements of an EMT:
- Must maintain current EMT licensure in the following:
- CPR- BLS Provider Level through the American Heart Association
- California State EMT Card
- Current and Valid State Driver's License
- Ambulance Driver’s License
- DL 51 (Medical Examiners Certificate)
- ICS 100, 200, 700, and 800
- Any other state or county certification required
- Must be current in state and federally mandated training
- Must maintain current industry standards through continuing education
- We are a tobacco and cannabis free workplace. All employees must be able to pass a drug screen.
- Must have completed all mandatory training including mandatory testing
- Variety of Flexible schedules
- Great benefit package including medical, dental, vision and supplemental life and disability plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match after 1 year and immediately 100% vested
- Holiday pay
- Competitive hourly rate
- Promotion opportunities such as becoming a Field Training Offer or a Field Supervisor
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Physical Requirements of an EMT:
- Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Walk - frequently, up to 10 hours per day.
- Run - infrequently, 1-2 minutes per day.
- Stand - frequently, up to 10 hours per day.
- Sit - frequently, up to 8 hours per day.
- Kneel - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Bend - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 250 Lbs. infrequently (1-3 times per shift)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 150 Lbs. frequently (5-10 times per shift)
- Must have ability to step up and/or climb over obstacles
- Must be able to climb stairs while carrying up to 220 Lbs.
- Must have adequate hearing acuity to perform job tasks (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate vision (with corrective lenses if needed) to clearly distinguish colors, shapes, distances, etc. (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate hand and finger dexterity to grip and hold both large and small items
- Must have adequate hand and arm strength to grip and lift heavy objects
- Must be able to tolerate work in an outdoor environment (heat, cold, rain, etc.)