|Job Title||Medical Transport Specialist (MTS)|
ProTransport-1 is the premier provider of comprehensive medical transport services in the San Francisco Bay area, Central Valley and Sacramento areas. With a customer-friendly vision and cutting-edge technological solutions, we are one of the “Fastest Growing Private Companies in America,” according to INC. Magazine. Founded on the principles of “Professional, Courteous, and On-Time” mobile care, ProTransport-1 has the best interests of customers in mind every time. Based in Cotati with sites across Northern California, ProTransport-1 has openings for Paramedics who want to be actively involved with a growing company.
The medical transport specialist is responsible for transporting patients in a wheelchair van. They must possess excellent customer service skills, a friendly attitude and personality, and have a pristine driving record.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides patient care
- Communicates proficiently and effectively with hospital staff and co-workers
- Responsible for cleaning and operating ambulance equipment
- Presents themselves in a professional, courteous and punctual way
- Responsible for other related duties deemed necessary to meet the needs of the company
- Must portray a positive Company image and attitude to personnel and customers
- Must maintain current industry standards through continuing education
- Must be able to communicate and understand English verbally and written
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Must have completed all mandatory training including mandatory testing
- Must be able to provide a current PPD test result
- Must demonstrate a compassionate attitude towards all customers and family members
- Must be able to maintain current licensure in the following:
- First Aid Card
- California Driver’s License
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Walk - frequently, up to 4 hours per day.
- Run - infrequently, 1-2 minutes per day.
- Stand - frequently, up to 2 hours per day.
- Sit - frequently, up to 8 hours per day.
- Kneel - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Bend - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 250 Lbs. infrequently (1-3 times per shift)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 150 Lbs. frequently (5-10 times per shift)
- Must have ability to step up and/ or climb over obstacles
- Must be able to climb stairs while carrying up to 150 Lbs.
- Must have adequate hearing acuity to perform job tasks (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate vision (with corrective lenses if needed) to clearly distinguish colors, shapes, distances, etc. (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate hand and finger dexterity to grip and hold both large and small items
- Must have adequate hand and arm strength to grip and lift heavy objects
- Must be able to tolerate work in an outdoor environment (heat, cold, rain, etc.)