|Job Title||Director of Communications Center|
ProTransport-1 is a leading provider of patient logistics services to hospital systems. Headquartered in Northern California, ProTransport-1 partners with top healthcare systems throughout the Bay Area, Sacramento and the Central Valley to offer a diverse range of comprehensive, trendsetting services. The company features associated brands from coast to coast and has been named to the Inc. 5000 seven years running as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
The Director of Communications Center provides overall leadership, mentorship and direction to the Communication Center staff. This position is responsible to ensure that all staff are properly trained and have the tools necessary to provide efficient and high quality customer service for both internal and external customers. To be successful in this position, the Director of Communications Center must be able to foster a positive work environment through team development and peer driven excellence. The Communications Center department operates out of Cotati and Sacramento and consists of the following units: Dispatch, Utilization, Call Intake, Scheduling, Transfer Center and Document Assistance Team (DAT). This position will also lead the build-out of new health system centric Transfer Centers and support the business development team as a content expert in the process of starting new Transfer Center partnerships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses an enthusiastic and forward thinking approach to leadership and the potential for the Communication Center.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of and ensures compliance with Company and local EMS policies, procedures, processes, and protocols.
- Oversees the supervision, planning, scheduling, and assignment of work to Communication Center staff.
- Oversees the development and implementation of instructional/training materials and programs for all Communication Center staff.
- Develops and oversees the review and evaluation of staff performance.
- Utilizes appropriate data and statistical information to analyze trends and render recommendations pertinent to department effectiveness.
- Implement and manage quality assurance and quality improvement programs.
- Assembles detailed and timely reports according to customer specifications.
- Reviews, updates, and develops policies and procedures for the Communication Center on an on-going basis.
- Works with HR to ensure a thorough, efficient and fair process for the evaluation, hiring and on boarding of new hires.
- Works with the Communication Management to evaluate performance of staff.
- Develops and maintains an accurate annual budget related to Communication Center operations.
- Maintains an awareness of current and new communication technologies and software programs.
- Oversees coordination of emergency and non-emergency requests for patient referral and transport via air and ground ambulance.
- Oversees coordination of incoming requests, determining priority and preferred transport vehicle in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Oversees the tracking and monitoring of location and status of transport resources, whether on the ground or in flight, through Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) or an established manual method.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the Communication Center schedule.
- Works with Communication Center management to develop agendas and facilitate Communication Center staff meetings.
- Ensures that all customer service issues are properly identified and managed.
- Develops a high level of proficiency with all technology and systems used by the Communications Center.
- Develops and maintains a detailed maintenance schedule for all Communication Center infrastructure.
- Serves as the face of the Communications center when interfacing with allied agencies, hospitals, and the general public.
- Partners with the Operations, Business Development and Management teams to drive business goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates the ability to think clearly, remain calm, and act quickly with sound judgment in emergent or stressful situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform multiple related tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Displays strength in negotiations with internal partners as well as external vendors, providers and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple site locations.
- All other tasks and duties as assigned.
- AA degree or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in management or related discipline preferred.
- Three years of management experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proven success in a similar management environment.
- Highly proficient computer skills.
- Experience developing and managing an annual operating budget.
- Ability to work under pressure while meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels including agencies and the public.
- Demonstrated familiarity of emergency medical services, health care systems, and common medical terminology.
- A strong familiarity with the geography of California.
- EMT or equivalent and/or medical terminology experience preferred.
- Knowledge of EMS agency rules, regulations, and protocols.
- Knowledge of telephone and radio systems.
- Knowledge of local geography, traffic patterns, and drive times.
- Ability to plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate the work of a highly complex team.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to work irregular hours on any day and week.
- Excellent proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent proven public relations, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation and pre-employment medical examination, which includes drug and alcohol screening.
- Flexible work schedule allowing for appropriate interaction with staff working days, nights, holidays and weekends.
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
- Typical Working Conditions: office environment where temperatures are comfortable and noise level is low to moderate
- Heavy Computer usage requiring frequent repetitive hand movements
- Ability to sit for extended period
- Must be able to hear and communicate clearly to perform job duties in person and over the telephone
- Adequate vision required to be able to read information from printed sources and computer screens
- Ability to drive and travel