|Job Title||Critical Care Transport RN|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
Would you like the opportunity to work for a fast growing company in the medical field? ProTransport-1 is currently hiring Critical Care Transport RN's in San Francisco!
** Up to a $5,000 Sign-on Bonus **
Ready to use your clinical expertise working outside of the hospital? We are looking for Critical Care Registered Nurses's that think independently and are looking to contribute to our CCT Program. ProTransport-1 is currently hiring Critical Care Transport Registed Nurse's in the Bay Area.
We are looking for the Registered Nurse that wants to use their critical care skills in the transport world. If you are a Registered Nurse that has worked in a hospital setting and want to see the world (outside hospital walls) and use your discretion and independent judgment with your RN Emergency Room and/or ICU experience, then this is the position for you. Under the general supervision of the CCT Director, the Critical Care Transport Registered Nurse works with the vision, direct leadership and motivation necessary to operate in a high quality critical care transport environment. the CCT RN Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies. They make and approve all decisions requiring interpretation of clinical delivery and company policies.
- Establish a “professional, courteous and on-time” environment.
- Be compassionate by providing emotional and psychological support to patients, friends, and families.
- Support RN quality improvement efforts.
- Ensure continuity of services while adhering to all laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures as they pertain to the CCT Program.
- Represent organization by establishing and maintaining relationships with outlying hospitals; maintain a positive and cooperative working relationship with our partner hospitals as well as other specialty transport teams.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops through the review of professional publications and by benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Communicate and collaborate with the CCT Director on pertinent issues; reports any unusual occurrences.
- Maintains through familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state, and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle; operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Identify patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Promote patient awareness by establishing patient care goals, teaching patient and family in regards to illness or disease process, treatment rendered while in the care of the CCT team.
- Ensures that vehicle remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Assure quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments by collaborating with team members; staying current with CCT guidelines.
- Works with EMT partners to maintain the same standards; monitors and trains EMT partner as necessary.
- Must be currently licensed by the California Board of Registered Nurses with no violations or restrictions.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a critical care environment – ICU and/or ER experience required.
- One year of experience in a critical care transport environment (air or ground) preferred.
- Must be currently certificated in BLS, ACLS, and PALS.
- Must possess a valid and current California Driver’s License.
- Must be independent and assertively take on challenging responsibilities and hold self ultimately accountable for results and performance.
- Excellent diagnostic and clinical skills.
- Has extensive knowledge of medications as they apply to quality patient care.
- Team player
- Must have excellent multi-tasking skills. Prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.
- Must have excellent knowledge of physical functions and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to solve unusual problems and give articulate direction.
- Works independently and as a team member.
- Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas.
- Able to read, interpret, and follow instructions.
- We are a tobacco and cannabis free workplace. All employees must be able to pass a drug screen
- Must be able to provide a current PPD test results post hire
Compensation and Benefits:
• $50/hr with scheduled OT and a $5.00 increase after the introductory period.
• Medical and Dental
• 401(k) Retirement plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Voluntary Benefits -- Vision/Lincoln
• Basic Life Insurance/AD&D
• Earned Time Off
• Holiday Pay
• Assorted shifts
• Company "fly cars"
- Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Walk - frequently, up to 4 hours per day.
- Run - infrequently, 1-2 minutes per day.
- Stand - frequently, up to 2 hours per day.
- Sit - frequently, up to 8 hours per day.
- Kneel - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Bend - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 250 Lbs. infrequently (1-3 times per shift)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 150 Lbs. frequently (5-10 times per shift)
- Must have ability to step up and/ or climb over obstacles
- Must be able to climb stairs while carrying up to 150 Lbs.
- Must have adequate hearing acuity to perform job tasks (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate vision (with corrective lenses if needed) to clearly distinguish colors, shapes, distances, etc. (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate hand and finger dexterity to grip and hold both large and small items
- Must have adequate hand and arm strength to grip and lift heavy objects
- Must be able to tolerate work in an outdoor environment (heat, cold, rain, etc.)