|Job Title||Fleet Mechanic|
|Location||Pleasant Hill, CA|
ProTransport-1 is a leading provider of patient logistics services to hospital systems. Headquartered in Northern California, ProTransport-1 partners with top healthcare systems throughout the Bay Area, Sacramento and the Central Valley to offer a diverse range of comprehensive, trendsetting services. The company features associated brands from coast to coast and has been named to the Inc. 5000 seven years running as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
The Fleet Mechanic will respond to service calls and upon arrival, diagnose and repair our ambulances in the quickest and safest manner possible to allow our crews to return to work. Work is performed primarily in a field environment with travel from site to site.
This position will primarily serve the bay area and does not have to report to a specific location on a daily basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Travel to station locations to complete repairs on various types of issues related to any type or brand of vehicles with emphasis on ambulances
- Operate assigned equipment and vehicles
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain our vehicles, including ambulances
- Respond to service calls when needed, including nights and weekends.
- Provide crew members basic training, as needed
- Other duties, as assigned by Director of Safety & Risk
- Must be able to work on several types and brands of vehicles
- Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to pass drug test and background check
- Must be able to provide Motor Vehicle Record at time of job offer (current within 15 days)
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, and all types of weather and temperature conditions;
- Exposure to hazardous traffic conditions; work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces and rough terrain.
- Mobility to work in an auto mechanic environment; walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods
- Adequate vision for driving and reading written materials
- Frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, and twist; push, pull
- Lift, and/or carry moderate to heavy amounts of weights
- Great benefit package including medical, dental, vision and supplemental life and disability plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match after 1 year and immediately 100% vested
- Holiday pay
- Competitive hourly rate