|Job Title||Medical Transport Specialist (MTS)|
|Location||Santa Clara County, CA|
|Reports to||Operations Manager|
ProTransport-1 is a leading provider of patient logistics services to hospital systems. Headquartered in Northern California, ProTransport-1 partners with top healthcare systems throughout the Bay Area, Sacramento and the Central Valley to offer a diverse range of comprehensive, trendsetting services. The company features associated brands from coast to coast and has been named to the Inc. 5000 seven years running as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
The medical transport specialist is responsible for transporting patients in a wheelchair van. They must possess excellent customer service skills, a friendly attitude and personality, and have a pristine driving record.
- Provides patient care
- Communicates proficiently and effectively with hospital staff and co-workers
- Responsible for cleaning and operating ambulance equipment
- Presents themselves in a professional, courteous and punctual way
- Responsible for other related duties deemed necessary to meet the needs of the Company
- Must portray a positive Company image and attitude to personnel
- Must maintain current industry standards through continuing education
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to communicate and understand English verbally and written
- We are a tobacco and cannabis free workplace. All employees must be able to pass a drug screen.
- Must be able to provide a current PPD test results post hire
- Must have completed all mandatory training including mandatory testing
- Must demonstrate a compassionate attitude towards all customers and family members
- Must maintain current licensure in the following:
- CPR (preferred)
- First Aid Card (preferred)
- California Drivers License
- DL-51 (preferred)
- Great benefit package including medical, dental, vision and supplemental life and disability plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match after 1 year and immediately 100% vested
- Holiday pay
- Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Walk - frequently, up to 4 hours per day.
- Run - infrequently, 1-2 minutes per day.
- Stand - frequently, up to 2 hours per day.
- Sit - frequently, up to 8 hours per day.
- Kneel - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Bend - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 250 Lbs. infrequently (1-3 times per shift)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 150 Lbs. frequently (5-10 times per shift)
- Must have ability to step up and/ or climb over obstacles
- Must have adequate hearing acuity to perform job tasks (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate vision (with corrective lenses if needed) to clearly distinguish colors, shapes, distances, etc. (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate hand and finger dexterity to grip and hold both large and small items
- Must have adequate hand and arm strength to grip and lift heavy objects
- Must be able to tolerate work in an outdoor environment (heat, cold, rain, etc.)