|Job Title||Medical Transport Specialist (MTS)|
|Location||Rancho Cordova, CA|
|Reports to||Station Manager|
The Medical Transport Specialist is responsible for transporting wheelchair and stretcher patients to and from doctor’s appointments, nursing facilities, hospitals and even their homes. The Medical Transport Specialist will ensure the safe and timely transport of customers while providing a comfortable service from origin of the trip until reaching their destination. They must possess excellent customer service skills, a friendly attitude and personality, and have a desire to enhance the patient care experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides patient care
- Communicates proficiently and effectively with ancillary healthcare staff and co-workers
- Responsible for cleaning and operating transportation van and equipment
- Presents themselves as professional and courteous portraying a positive company image
- Proficiently transfer patients to and from gurneys and wheelchairs by utilizing proper lifting techniques and equipment
- Proficiently operate gurney’s and wheelchairs including loading and unloading patients safely
- Must demonstrate a compassionate attitude towards all customers and family members
- Responsible for being HIPAA compliant at all times.
- Responsible for knowing and following company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for filling out required documents and reports.
- Responsible for other related duties deemed necessary to meet the needs of the company
- Must maintain current industry standards through continuing education
- Must be able to communicate and understand English verbally and written
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check drug screen
- Must be able to provide a current PPD test result
- Must maintain current licensure in the following:
- First Aid Card
- California Driver’s License
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) strongly preferred
- With assistance of partner, lifts patient on stretcher to gurney height for transport through building, occasionally up or down stairs
- Loads and unloads patients on gurneys and wheelchairs into transportation van
- Push or pull patient on gurney and wheelchair on uneven surfaces, up and down inclines, and around obstacles to get patient to and from the transportation van
- Lift 35 pounds in each hand to transport equipment from transportation van to location of patient
- Ascend and descend stairways carrying 35 pounds in each hand.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, push, stoop, kneel, crouch, or craw
- Perform CPR correctly (in accordance with AHA standards) for 60 seconds
- Ability to operate GPS
- Hear information transmitted verbally by phone or radio
- Adequate vision required to be able to read information from printed sources and computer screens, as well as color vision and fields of vision to perform job functions, in addition with the ability to see to drive and read street, vehicle or building marking
- Must be able to tolerate work in an outdoor environment (heat, cold, rain, etc.)