|Job Title||Transfer Center Coordinator|
Under the general supervision of the Communications Manager, the Transfer Center Coordinator (TCC) is responsible for the training, oversight and support of the Transfer Center team while demonstrating the highest level of customer service. Work as an onsite and offsite liaison for our contracted hospitals.
Include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanor at all times.
- Promote a culture of trust and teamwork within the communications center.
- Serve as the first point of contact and support for the transfer center team.
- Develop, implement and monitor the training of the transfer center team.
- Serve as transfer center liaison with contracted facilities as assigned by manager.
- Promote the services of the transfer center to non-contracted facilities.
- Develop and run standardized and custom reports for internal and external customers.
- Develop, implement and maintain a quality assurance and improvement program.
- Perform all of the duties described in the Transfer Center Specialist job description with a high degree of proficiency.
- Possess a high degree of familiarity with medical facilities, medical specialties and the type of physician required for consults and admissions.
- Collaborate effectively with hospital house supervisors and on-call specialists.
- Demonstrate a high degree of familiarity of EMTALA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate a high degree of familiarity and compliance with all established Company and customer policies and procedures related to coordination of patient referral and transport.
- In person transportation arrangement with Hospital case management and staff
- Conduct investigations into transportation issues and provide a clear and detailed summary of events
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Two (2) years of experience in a leadership capacity in a fast-paced communications and/or transfer center.
- Three (3) years of work experience in a fast-paced communications and/or transfer center.
- Demonstrated background of successful customer service experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and medical specialties (admission and consult).
- Ability to type a minimum of forty (40) words per minute.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation and pre-employment medical examination, which includes drug and alcohol screening.
- Must be available to work all shifts, including but not limited to day/swing/night, weekends, holidays and mandatory overtime as needed.
- Able to rotate shift assignments as needed and/or required based on operational need.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a leadership capacity in a fast-paced communications and/or transfer center.
- Associates or Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Emergency Medical Technician certification.